Affordability was the buzz word among 2019 real estate headlines – a particularly evident issue in hot markets like Vancouver or Toronto.
A main theme for the year was policymakers’ attempts to improve affordability for first-time homebuyers, as evidenced by the introduction of the First Time Home Buyer’s Incentive (FTHBI). As well, issues such as home prices outpacing incomes, accessibility to transit, and the mortgage stress test were all hot topics, as Canadians tried to navigate new changes in the market, and analysts were kept on their toes.
Here’s a look at some of our biggest stories of 2019.
- City of Toronto Neighbourhoods Where Home Prices Have Doubled in the Past 5 Years
- How Have Ontario Home Prices Changed Since the Introduction of the Fair Housing Plan?
- How Does Home Affordability Compare in Canada and the U.S.?
Income and Housing
- The Income Group You Need to Be in to Buy a Home in these Canadian Cities
- Where Can You Buy a Home On a Single Income in Canada?
Neighbourhoods Accessible by Transit
- How Much Do Homes Cost Within Walking Distance of the TTC?
- How Much Will You Pay to Own a Home Close to the GO Transit Line?
- How Much Do Homes Cost Within Walking Distance of the CTrain?