Amid an ongoing pandemic, the Canadian real estate market saw record-breaking highs and lows this year when it came to market activity.
As stricter COVID-19 measures resulted in a slower spring market and a busier fall market, 2020 is on track to be a historic year for the books. This year also saw the Bank of Canada introducing lower mortgage rates overall in a response to economic shifts as well as buyer trends that favoured grounded properties with more square footage over apartment living in condo-dense areas such as the City of Toronto.
Here’s a recap of some of our top stories from 2020.
How COVID-19 Affected Real Estate
- How May COVID-19 Impact Real Estate Prices?
- How Much Toronto Condo Apartment Prices Dropped Since COVID-19 Measures: 35 Neighbourhoods in Review
- How Much Home Prices and Sales Dropped Across 20 Canadian Markets Due to COVID-19
- Here’s How GTA Home Prices and Sales Changed One Month After COVID-19 Measures Were Announced [REPORT]
Here are some of our roundups (which are updated weekly) on the most affordable homes on the market:
- 8 of the Cheapest Houses For Sale in Vancouver Under $699,000
- 14 of the Cheapest Houses For Sale in the GTA For Under $649,999
- 7 of the Cheapest Toronto Condos Currently Listed for Sale Under $400K
- Here Are 7 Houses in Toronto For Sale For Under $699,999
If you’re interested in starting your home buying journey, check out our free buyer guides that we’ve curated to help you to make informed decisions: