The exterior of your home is what people see first and first impressions are important. Here are 5 easy and low-cost ways to sprucing up your home’s exterior enhancing its curb appeal.
1. Your Front Door – This is main focal point for curb appeal. It catches the eye as one is driving or walking by so make sure it looks good. Repaint or refresh the surface. Try a fun bold colour – shades of red work well. Touch up the trim and polish the hardware. A new handle, lock or knocker can give your front door a new updated look as well.
2. Accessories for the Entry – Try a new doormat, stylish new numbers or a cool new mailbox. These little pieces can make a huge difference in the overall outer appearance. So throw out the old mat and the cracked flowerpots! Check out www.houseproudsigns.com for a wide variety of signs, numbers and mailboxes.
3. Light it Up – Replace old fixtures with modern ones that have the wattage to enhance and highlight your home. Illuminate the way to the front door with path lights.
4. Add Colour – Flowers and plants add colour, texture and often smell really good. Change the planters seasonally and plant the garden so that there is something always in bloom from Spring through Fall.
5. Keep it Neat and Tidy – Rake up the debris and leaves, sweep the porch, and gut the grass!
About the Contributor
Before Heather Rovet started matching people with the right home, she spent many years putting people in the right clothes as a wardrobe stylist for the television and film industry. Both are very much the same to Heather – it’s about listening to functional needs and understanding a person’s vision – and she brings those two key elements together to find the right solution. With a love for the unity of beauty and order within a space, Heather feels that our homes are the place in which this can be reflected and defined.
Coupled with a passionate and keen eye for style and design, Heather sees the potential in the reality and helps clients to really envision their dream space. Whether it is a starter property, an upgrade, an income property or one’s own private sanctuary, Heather works with her clients every step of the way to put them in the home that is right for them.