June 13, 2012
I have decided to stage my house. Now what?
Hello Again, In my last blog I addressed the question of “Why should I stage my house?” Just as a brief re-cap I have added a few points below:
• Buyers are looking for move-in-ready homes NOT projects and to do lists. Staging shows buyers exactly what the benefits are of a property. It shows that the property has been well maintained and this something that all buyers are looking for.
• Staged homes look better in online pictures and therefore draw a larger group of potential buyers to view the home.
• Homes that have not been staged take much more time to sell than homes that have been staged.
• Staged homes sell for more money than non-staged homes.
• Staging can make you money, not cost you money.
Now that we have covered why staging works, let’s address the question of “I have decided to stage my house. Now what?”
First of all, congratulations! You have just made a great decision and taken the first step towards selling your home faster and for more money.
Now you need to hire a Stager. You are going to want to do some research to make sure that you are working with a qualified stager, someone professionally trained in the area of staging. Remember, staging isn’t just decorating and de-cluttering, so it’s important to ensure that the person you are working with understands real estate and the basics of home renovations as well, in order to ensure the highest return on investment. Be sure to ask for photos of their previous work as well as references and proof of insurance.
Once you have decided on who you would like to work with, schedule a consultation. My consultations take approximately 2 hours. We discuss your timeline, your goals and your budget. After doing a thorough walk through of the property, you will receive a detailed list of items that need to be addressed prior to staging. I will then put together 2 to 3 quotes for staging that address all necessary items and keeps in line with your goals and budget.
After you have chosen which option works best for you, we can schedule your staging day! This leads me to the next question I’d like to address…”How do I live in my house after it has been staged?” This is a great question and a big concern, especially for anyone that has children and/or pets. But I think it’s a question better addressed next time.
As always, thanks for reading!
For more information about what The Staging Group can do for you, please visit us at www.thestaginggroup.ca or email me at [email protected]. You can also follow The Staging Group on twitter @thestaginggroup or on Facebook
Read Christina’s previous posts: