It has certainly been an eventful year in real estate – and not just for home buyers and sellers! October 19th officially marked the one-year anniversary of the launch of the new Zoocasa.com – the preferred real estate search tool for Canadians and the top resource of the market data, news and analysis they need to make the best buying and selling decisions.
“The first year since relaunching Zoocasa.com has been an eventful one,” said Lauren Haw, CEO of Zoocasa. “As we continue to grow our tools and services, I am confident that Zoocasa.com will become the home search choice for even more Canadians.”
Here’s a peek at the new tools and features that came available over the past year:
- A redesigned Zoocasa iOS app
- A new rental search function
- The ability to search for homes by school boundary for 3,825 elementary schools, 912 secondary schools, and 83 school boards across Ontario. With current and five-year historical EQAO and Fraser ranking data for schools, Zoocasa.com has become the most comprehensive website for home search by school boundaries in Ontario
Enter to WIN a $150 HomeSense Gift Card!
We’re so excited to celebrate this milestone, and we want YOU to score some serious swag to beautify your home. Tell us about your favourite Toronto neighbourhood in a comment on this blog post or on Instagram by November 5, 2017, to enter to WIN a $150 HomeSense Gift Card!
How Has the Market Changed?
There’s a reason the real estate market is always a hot topic – prices and sales have seen a roller coaster of changes over the past year, with buyers and sellers along for the ride.
Taking a look at the Greater Toronto Area real estate market as it was in one year ago, some dramatic changes have taken place. Based upon market statistics, unprecedented increases in prices and listings took place.
|Market Indicator||Oct-16||Sep-17||% Change|
|Average detached house price||$1,034,077.00||$1,015,067.00||-1.80%|
|Average condo price||$429,407||$520,411||21.20%|
|Average townhouse price||$507,365||$547,540||7.90%|
|Number of sales||9,768||6,379||34.70%|
|Number of active listings||10,563||19,021||80.00%|
While prices for detached homes are essentially flat since last year, there are notable price increases for condos and townhouses, which jumped 21.2 per cent and 7.9 per cent respectively. Sales across all home types are down by 34.7 per cent overall, but the number of active listings increased by 80 per cent – indicating more balanced market conditions in the Greater Toronto Area.
Get Excited – Here’s What’s Coming Next
We’ve got a ton of exciting new developments to share. Keep an eye out for these new tools and upgrades:
- The ability to search for specific condo buildings, lofts and pre-construction projects
- A “Zoopraisal” tool to help sellers value their homes
- A new-and-improved iOS app with the ability to search for homes by school district.
Comment about your favourite Toronto neighbourhood below to be entered to WIN! Contest closes November 5, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.