The latest available monthly data from the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB) for August 2020 shows that the average price of detached, semi-detached and attached/row/townhouses in the City of Toronto reached $1,400,490.
Check out our roundup of 7 freehold properties for sale across the City of Toronto listed under $750,000, which is approximately half the average sold price for August.
For each listing, find key property and neighbourhood information plus a comment from Ivan Kalinin, a Zoocasa agent based in Toronto, highlighting the potential sale price range, unique property features, or opportunities for different types of buyers. All listings included in this roundup were active as of September 10, 2020.
Prospective buyers should conduct further research and pricing analysis for the homes and neighbourhoods that match their financial circumstances and lifestyle needs to guide their individual decisions. The content is not intended to solicit buyers or sellers currently under contract with a brokerage.
1. 329 Victoria Park Ave – $729,000
- Semi-detached house
- 3 beds, 2 baths, 1 parking
- Closest major intersection: Victoria Park Ave & Gerrard St E
This is a great property for a family that wants an affordable home in the Beaches, close to key amenities and near a well-ranked school. This home is likely to be sold well above the listing price, closer to the $900,000+ range.
See more details on the 329 Victoria Park Ave ($729,000) house listing.
2. 6 Westdale Dr – $729,000
- Detached bungalow, basement apartment with separate entrance
- 3 beds, 3 baths, 7 parking
- Closest major intersection: Wilson Ave & Dufferin St
This property offers a strong investment opportunity! The massive lot and location in close proximity to Yorkdale Mall, Costco, Wilson subway station, the 401 highway and the future redevelopment of the Downsview airport makes this house an ideal choice for an investor. The home can already accommodate two tenants; plus nearby redevelopment is likely to boost the value of the home in the future.
See more details on the 6 Westdale Dr ($729,000) house listing.
3. 304 Westlake Ave – $699,999
- Detached bungalow, basement with separate entrance
- 2 beds, 1 bath, 2 parking
- Closest major intersection: Woodbine Ave & O’Connor Dr
The Woodbine Heights/Woodbine-Lumsden neighbourhood has been getting a lot of attention from investors that knock down the older homes to build nicer 2-3 storey properties. Several older bungalows in the area are being sold as-is, so the renovations on this property are possibly an unnecessary over-improvement.
See more details on the 304 Westlake Ave ($699,999) house listing.
4. 25 Brookmere Rd – $699,900
- Semi-detached house
- 4 beds, 2 baths, 5 parking
- Closest major intersection: Albion Rd & Kipling Ave
This semi-detached, recently renovated house is a good candidate for a buy-and-hold investor as many of the homes in this area are rented out.
See more details on the 25 Brookmere Rd ($699,900) house listing.
5. 311 Victoria Park Ave – $699,900
- Semi-detached bungalow, finished basement with separate entrance
- 2 beds, 2 baths, 2 parking
- Closest major intersection: Victoria Park Ave & Kingston Rd
This semi-detached bungalow may be a strong fit for a first-time buyer keen to live within a 10-minute walk from the subway line. If the buyers are able to install a kitchenette in the basement, the property offers income potential if the owners choose to rent out the basement suite.
See more details on the 311 Victoria Park Ave ($699,900) house listing.
6. 51 Sundial Cres – $699,000
- Semi-detached house
- 4 beds, 3 baths, 3 parking
- Closest major intersection: Lawrence Ave E & Don Valley Pky S
This home could be a great option for a first-time home buyer, as it features a basement unit with a separate entrance, which offers opportunities for the owner to rent it out and earn extra income. The house is located on a quiet crescent, with lots of green space and a nice 30’ lot, while being close to shops and highways.
See more details on the 51 Sundial Cres ($699,000) house listing.
7. 59 Branstone Rd – $599,999
- Detached bungalow
- 1 bed, 1 bath
- Closest major intersection: Eglinton Ave W & Dufferin St
Most properties on this street are 2-storey homes, which makes it a great candidate for development and subsequent flip. The completion of the nearby Eglinton LRT may even coincide with the completion of the building of the 2-storey house, thus boosting the value further upon completion of the project.
See more details on the 59 Branstone Rd ($599,999) house listing.
To see all Toronto houses currently listed for under $750,000, visit this Zoocasa map.