Relaxing by the fire. Backyard fire pit or chiminea safety tips
Spending an enjoyable evening by the backyard fire pit or chiminea is becoming more and more popular these days – especially now that the weather is getting warmer. Before you put your feet up and relax by the fire, here are some things to consider:
• Check local bylaws to ensure your area permits usage.
• Always have a fire extinguisher ready.
• Never use gasoline or other petroleum-based accelerants as a starter.
• Burn only clean-burning dry wood, charcoal or natural gas.
• Be courteous of your neighbours when it comes to noise level and smoke. By keeping these tips top of mind, you’re helping keep everyone safe.
Article provided by RBC Insurance