May 17, 2012
Safety Tips for Relaxing by the Fire
Relaxing by the fire. Backyard fire pit or chiminea safety tips
Spending an enjoyable evening by the backyard fire pit or chiminea is becoming more and more popular these days – especially now that the weather is getting warmer. Before you put your feet up and relax by the fire, here are some things to consider:
• Check local bylaws to ensure your area permits usage.
• Always have a fire extinguisher ready.
• Never use gasoline or other petroleum-based accelerants as a starter.
• Burn only clean-burning dry wood, charcoal or natural gas.
• Be courteous of your neighbours when it comes to noise level and smoke. By keeping these tips top of mind, you’re helping keep everyone safe.
Article provided by RBC Insurance