Summer’s hot and so is the celebrity real estate market! Here’s what some of your favourite celebrities have been selling, buying, and renting this past week.
- Kevin James’s oceanfront mansion (8 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, 26,000 sq. ft.) – US$26.38 million
Former King of Queens star Kevin James made a huge profit from the sale of his Florida home. Listed for US$26.38 million, James purchased the 2.8-acre property just four years ago for US$18.85 million. A 10-car garage, several manicured gardens, walking paths, numerous fireplaces, wine cellar, saltwater pool, and a playground are just some of the luxuries this home features. If you’re unsure whether or not you can afford this home, play around with these mortgage calculators to find out.
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson’s English traditional-style mansion (7 bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, 7,260 sq. ft.) – US$9.25 million and Spanish revival-style villa (4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3,930 sq. ft.) – US$8.75 million
Two-time Academy Award winner and all-around nice guy, Tom Hanks, and his wife, actress Rita Wilson, have listed their two neighbouring Los Angeles for sale. The English traditional-style home features a formal living and dining room with a sun porch, screening room, and a pub/billiards room with a fireplace. The Spanish-style home, which was built in 1933, features a remodeled kitchen, wood-beamed ceilings, sunken living room, and a fountain outside with seating areas. Both homes have mountain and canyon views.
- Elizabeth and Tim Hasselbeck’s Nashville home (6 bedrooms, 6 full bathrooms, 3 half bathrooms, 7,115 sq. ft.) – US$2 million
Elizabeth Hasselbeck, a former talk-show host and Survivor contestant, and husband Tim Hasselbeck, a retired NFL quarterback-turned-TV sports analyst just made the move from Greenwich, Conn. to Nashville. Their new home sits on a 1.07-acre lot and boasts a library/office, main living room with a fireplace, soundproof media room, and a screened porch with a fireplace.
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Santa Monica starter home (2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1,413 sq. ft.) – US$1.15 million
Best known for her role in the Hunger Games film series, Academy Award-winner Jennifer Lawrence is stepping up her real estate game by selling her starter home. This contemporary-style townhouse is move-in ready with hardwood floors and recessed lighting, an open-concept living room with a fireplace, a dining room that opens to an outdoor terrace, and an oversized master bedroom with vaulted ceilings and a balcony.
5. JoJo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers’s Dallas home (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,547 sq. ft.) – US$3,250/month
Bachelorette star JoJo Fletcher and Bachelorette winner/fiancé Jordan Rodgers want to show the world reality television romances are real. To do that, they’ve moved into a renovated 1949 one-storey house. It has all of the high-end finishes one would imagine for reality television stars, but the most noteworthy of them all is a nursery room right next to the master suite.
The bottom line
If reading these posts on celebrity homes each week inspire you to go out and purchase a mansion of your own, make sure you check out what the best mortgage rates are first so you can determine what your mortgage payments will be.